AutoMicroFarm Blog

I’ve finally gotten around to posting a blog post on the first AutoMicroFarm prototype. The prototype is a modified barrel-ponics system, with a few modifications. The photos are roughly in the order of constructing the prototype.

In hindsight, I probably should not have done the modifications, since they took up a lot of time, trial and error, and did not contribute towards answering the important technical questions that I set out to answer on the prototype. The greenhouse is also turned out to be a large time and money sink, but it did make it possible for me to start during the winter months.

My main goal is to see whether it’s possible to attain at least 20 lbs/ft^2 annually. This comes out to 0.6 lb/day in my 11 square foot grow beds. I’ll track the yield, as well as other metrics of the prototype, in a spreadsheet that I’ll link to on the blog.

Blog comments powered by Disqus